OSTARA HEALTH
Om Mane Padme Hum ~ The Jewel Of The Lotus Resides Within ~ Answers Are Within Us All

Cathy Corcoran

Psychologist and Holistic Therapist
Certified Heal Your Life Workshop Teacher
Contact: ostarahealth@hotmail.com

18 September 2008

Ostara Health - A meaning

We are always presented with the signposts if only we look out for them...I had been thinking of outlining to you all the understanding behind the name of my business and the definition...but as usual "sat" on it - basically meaning I left it in the back of my mind and didnt action it. Until the signs appeared - and for this issue they appeared straight away. It doesnt happen all the time but this time it did. I had just put together this website and went to the newsagent to have a browse and see if there were any new magazines that I hadnt picked up yet for the month - today it was the spellcraft magazine which I dont always pick up as a "usual" for me. On the bottom corner of the cover "Shine for Ostara" - did that whack me right between the eyes. Gotta love those forceful affirmations from the universe that we're doing the right thing! In it an article about Ostara - The Spring equinox (day and night equal) which is coming up on 23rd September. Then I had an email from someone who I had given the link to this page wondering what "ostara" actually meant? Well I used to go for 3 signs from the universe. I think I now get the hint on 2!
Ostara means re-birth, growth and fertility. The Doreen Virtue meanings include "signifies pregnancy, involved in a successful child conception, your desire will fully manifest in the springtime, your new idea or venture will be successful! Its an opportune time to make life changes!"
Meaning for my business:
I was pregnant with my daughter and prior to her immediate conception I kept getting the Ostara Goddess Card in Doreen Virtues card deck. She then stopped appearing for a little while after I became pregnant but then started again when I was thinking of starting my private practice. Thus the reason for the name of my business - both sentimental but also relevant. There was no looking back when this card arrived.

Ostara is the teutonic Goddess of fertility and springtime.
Call upon OSTARA to increase your fruitfulness, fertility, or to help you embark on new ventures

Ostara is relevant how - its time for spring cleaning, getting rid of the old and bringing in the new! With this in mind it was only appropriate that the universe gave me a nudge and Ostara Health's online beginning occurred at the begining of her season- tell me that is coincidental?? I dont think so!

No comments: