OSTARA HEALTH
Om Mane Padme Hum ~ The Jewel Of The Lotus Resides Within ~ Answers Are Within Us All

Cathy Corcoran

Psychologist and Holistic Therapist
Certified Heal Your Life Workshop Teacher
Contact: ostarahealth@hotmail.com

25 September 2008

Let Your Light Shine!

I've had an interesting 24 hours of self awareness. Small events can trigger such wonderful insight! I was asked to attend a gathering last night in relation to an exciting new project. Whilst there the project made sense and I felt that it was appropriate for me to be involved though had to have some discussions. So that all felt fairly normal...the insight occurred as has been usual in the last few years while I was having a shower to wind down. I checked with the angel cards and they gave me fairly expected answers....so i jumped in the shower.
The insight that came over me were in numerous forms. Firstly I felt the huge desire to loofah my skin?? why?? As I see it - it was the shedding of my skin - like a snake shedding their skin - a new beginning, getting rid of the old! Continually while I was showering the thoughts and words "don't play small" from the quotation - Let your light shine, were played over in my mind and all of this in the cleansing environment of the shower.
Yes I am supposed to follow on with this project if these signs are anything to go by!
I have written the excerpt below for you to read - it is magnificent and needs to be taken notice of and adopted.
Let Your Light Shine
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves:
“Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?”
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn’t serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won’t feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love

I now know I cannot stand back and await for other people to be on the same page as me - I must continue reading and if people want to continue reading also then we may stay on the same page but I cant stop the wonderful story ahead of me.
So I ask that everyone else be mindful of this also. Where does your light need to shine and please don't dim it for other people!
I'm off to find out my next step!

No comments: