OSTARA HEALTH
Om Mane Padme Hum ~ The Jewel Of The Lotus Resides Within ~ Answers Are Within Us All

Cathy Corcoran

Psychologist and Holistic Therapist
Certified Heal Your Life Workshop Teacher
Contact: ostarahealth@hotmail.com

06 October 2008

x Grandma x

My Grandma passed away exactly a year ago today - the 7th October 2007.

I really wanted to speak about her here today but I had reservations. I kept thinking to myself - what relevance did grandma have to my business, shes not really connected - so i cant really speak about her. But it came to me......

Grandma is one of the reasons for my business. Not because she developed it, not because she told me to do it, not because she had even been involved in it at all.

She relates to my business because she encouraged me to be ME!
She always had a belief in me that I was and was going to be successful no matter what I did. It was like "of course your doing that". She didnt pander to my needs or fuss over me like I was always right, it was a different approach - a knowingness that she had.

She also relates to my business because she role-modelled the way to approach life as a woman both through work and raising children. It was her essence that I know I have 'to get on with the task at hand'.

I am so grateful that I chose her for a grandmother (along with all the other wonderful and powerful female role models I continue and have had in my life thus far). Grandma taught me so much in life and still continues to do so in death without knowing so at the time.

I still hope and wish that she's just away for a while...that I'll eventually get a phone call or she'll just drop by. I still can’t believe she is gone and that we didn’t get to speak just one last time. They say it gets easier as the days go by, but I’m still not feeling it. I want the days to stop so that the memory of her doesn’t fade.
Im missing her more than words can describe and writing this doesnt even scratch the surface for all that I feel inside.


On the day that Grandma had her first stroke (4 days before she left this earth) I was actually consciously thanking those people and parts of my life that I am grateful for.
I know for the past year I have been angry and upset to even consider anything I am grateful for, what if something horrible happens again? I know it is something that I have to get past - so my message out of this post is - BE GRATEFUL. Let those you love, the experiences you have - whether they be perceived as good or bad, the relatives, the friends and even those people you feel negative emotions toward. Be grateful for everything and consciously say it aloud or write it down.
If its only today that you do it then you have done more than yesterday. Those people dont have to know as the universe will but I'm sure they would love to hear those words if you were able to share it with them.
I am not saying this just because my Grandma has passed over but for the fact that this is an area in our lives that we tend to neglect and that we need to be more conscious of - if only for a moment a day. The return of energy will be much higher than the investment you made for that one moment.

I am so grateful for everything that Grandma bought into my life and I am eternally grateful that we were able to cross paths in this lifetime.


Love to you always Grandma Veale

3 comments:

www.chrissytorneyphotography.com said...

What a beautiful message Cathy :)

purple_cath said...

Thank you Chrissy

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful and it bought a tear to my eyes i miss my nana as well and she bought me many great memories she was funny generous encourging and i never really got to say goodbye properley either.
Cathy